Sewing the Lea dress
I'm a huge fan of Sew Over it and have bought quite a few of their patterns now and think what Lisa Comfort's created is quite amazing. I was very excited when she released a magazine and bought the first magazine to see what it was like. I loved the pattern that came with the magazine and if I'm being honest that was the main pull for me to buy the magazine. I've since made the coat and ill write a blog post on how I found it very soon. But I've now subscribed to the online version of the magazine, again mainly for the patterns.
The latest edition comes with a dress pattern called the Lea dress. I'm in the process of sewing it now so thought I'd write a blog post to go with it. I've chosen a very unseasonal (it's currently pouring with rain as I type) watermelon crepe fabric (I'll link below where I got it from) and have so far made up the bodice and attached the sleeves.
I made a mistake with the skirt panels (there are 8 in total to add) so am currently unpicking ready to reassemble!
I usually find Sew Over It patterns great to follow but I have to admit with the magazine patterns, I found the same with the coat, some of the instructions seems a little rushed or too basic? Maybe it's the fact I'm still very much an ambitious beginner sewer or maybe I'm not reading the instructions correctly? I tend to sew in the evenings once my girls are asleep! I have found the instructions for the sleeves and the skirt confusing at times so I'm unpicking and will shelve this project until tomorrow evening when I'm feeling less tired!
Once the dress is finished I'll update my progress and how I found the rest of the instructions.
Thanks for reading!
Liz x


Comments
Post a Comment