Cosy sewing!
Hi everyone! I’ve been MIA for quite a while now but have made it one of my resolutions to blog more frequently this year. I’ve been busy sewing and managed to make over 8 garments over the Christmas break!!! I was so happy I got some dedicated sewing time in as my recent change of jobs has meant very limited sewing time 😥😥😥
I’ve been really enjoying quick and easy sewing lately that has filled my wardrobe with lots of #secretpyjama type wardrobe staples. One of my favourite patterns, aside from Tilly and the buttons Freya dress has to be the Nina Lee southbank sweater pattern. It can be made into a jumper, a cropped jumper or a dress and for me the dress is like ultimate pyjamas!!!
I recently saw some gorgeous fabric from Lamazi fabrics on Instagram (I am supposed to be on a spending ban) and had to have some. As soon as it arrived I knew it was destined to be a southbank sweater dress. I love wearing these dresses for work as they’re so cosy but have a lot of room to move. Being an EYFS teacher I spend a lot of time on the floor or moving around my classroom!
I’ve been really enjoying quick and easy sewing lately that has filled my wardrobe with lots of #secretpyjama type wardrobe staples. One of my favourite patterns, aside from Tilly and the buttons Freya dress has to be the Nina Lee southbank sweater pattern. It can be made into a jumper, a cropped jumper or a dress and for me the dress is like ultimate pyjamas!!!
I recently saw some gorgeous fabric from Lamazi fabrics on Instagram (I am supposed to be on a spending ban) and had to have some. As soon as it arrived I knew it was destined to be a southbank sweater dress. I love wearing these dresses for work as they’re so cosy but have a lot of room to move. Being an EYFS teacher I spend a lot of time on the floor or moving around my classroom!
I love the colours in the fabric as I seem to be going through a mustard phase with my outfit choices and fabric choices! It was an absolute dream to sew - I did most of it on my overlocker. Such a quick make but stylish to wear. Nina Lee has great instructions with all her patterns making it an ideal pattern for beginners to whip up. From cutting out to sewing up I made it in less than an hour!! I have more southbank sweaters planned ready for the cold weather we’ve been getting in the Uk. I cut out a size 8 and didn’t have to make any alterations. I love he hem band and cuff detail as this makes it feel even more snug,



Comments
Post a Comment