Sew over it Erin skirt - A review
I've been looking at my wardrobe recently and thinking about what items I'm missing. I'm a dress kind of girl usually and love wearing anything with a swishy skirt or short sleeve! I don't have many skirts or blouses in my wardrobe as I don't really wear them. However, I've seen on Instagram and Pinterest lots of midi length pencil skirts and I've been keen to have a try at one myself. I'm still very new to a lot of techniques but having done some research online I settled on the Erin skirt pattern by Sew Over It. Lots of people had used the pattern and found it straightforward.I've used a lot of Sew Over It patterns on my sewing journey already and have enjoyed learning lots of new skills along the way. The instructions are always really easy to follow and laid out step by step. The pattern can only be purchased as part of the Citybreak ebook which can be found on the Sew Over It website (https://sewoverit.co.uk/product/capsule-wardrobe-city-break-ebook/). I found the ebook to be great value for money as you get 5 patterns included, two of which can be made into tops or dresses!
This was also my first experience of using a pdf pattern and found the whole process very straightforward. I'm incredibly impatient so being able to download and print the pattern straight away was great! I found the instructions very easy to follow and the construction was really simple. The only bit I found tricky was adding the button holes but that's mainly down to my inexperience.
I have discovered the sewing community on Instagram and Youtube whilst learning to sew and found a lot of tutorials and tips for making buttonholes that made the process a lot less daunting. I was super proud when I had mastered them!I have worn my Erin skirt a lot since making it and have loved pairing it with cosy jumpers for the mild spring we seem to be having.
If I was to make it again, and I know I will be as I already have one cut out in red fabric, I would size down as the black skirt I made came out too big and had to be taken in before adding the buttonholes.
Overall a great pattern that was easy to follow!
I need to get better at taking photos for my blog as I had to get these images from my Instagram page. I don't have the original photos anymore as I dropped and smashed my phone and can't retrieve any images from my now completely broken phone. So I am afraid the poorly snapped images inserted will have to do.
Follow me on Instagram at:
https://www.instagram.com/thebakerthatsews/
My business page is on Facebook:
Ruby & Lola's Cakery


Comments
Post a Comment