Summer holiday wardrobe

Fabric for the top and shorts from SewHayleyJane subscription
I am back and hoping to start blogging weekly now instead of yearly which is what I appear to have done since I started this blog!

Today I wanted to go through the clothes I packed for my recent holiday to Kos. We had such a lovely time massively helped by the gorgeous beach we were next to and the constant sunshine. If you haven't holidayed to Kos before I would definitely recommend it. The Greek are such lovely, friendly people and the food is amazing too.

Pietra shorts and ogden cami








Ogden cami and pietra shorts 

Fabric from Sewmesunshine 


When preparing for my holiday I assessed my summer wardrobe and thought carefully about what sort of clothes I would want to wear whilst away. I have a lot of dresses as I love wearing dresses and wear a dress most days. I have also recently become quite a jumpsuit addict so have built up quite a collection of jumpsuits. One thing I noticed was missing from my wardrobe was shorts. I only have one pair of Cocowawa cherry shorts I made for last years holiday. I have quite a lot of ogden cami tops now but no shorts to pair them with.

So I decided to look for shorts patterns as I knew I already had lots of fabric in my collection suitable for making shorts. I settled on the Pietra pants pattern by Closetcase.patterns as you can make the pants version or shorts. I also really liked the high waist detail, large pockets and the elastic in the back. I suffer from IBS so my stomach area can fluctuate in size meaning anything that is too close fitting and without stretch can be uncomfortable to wear if I have a flare up. On holiday I didn't want to have to worry about this so I opted for this pattern to ensure I would be able to wear the shorts no matter what was going on with my body.

I ended up loving the pattern so much I made 6 pairs of Pietra shorts! Each pair made in different fabric. I used some fabric I received from my Sewhayleyjane fabric subscription box and some fabric I already had in my stash.

Pietra shorts 
The shorts were easy to construct with the instructions from Closetcase patterns being clear for me to follow. They didn't take long to put together either - roughly an hour from start to finish (once I had cut the pattern pieces out). I decided to also make matching cami tops to make a faux playsuit for my holiday too. I wore the shorts every day and they were perfect for putting on to walk down to the pool or walk to the bar for a drink. I opted to buy the PDF version and found the pattern easy to assemble - there weren't too many pages to stick together all at once so it came together quite quickly.

As well as my shorts and ogden cami tops I took some jumpsuits and dresses. I have inserted images below of my holiday wardrobe and details of the patterns. I didn't sew everything specifically for my holiday, some items of clothing I sewed up last year or over the last few months.



Fabric bought from Like Sew amazing
Shorts fabric from Sewhayleyjane





















I made this matching skirt and top using a table cloth found in a charity shop for the bargain price of £5. I decided to make up my own simple skirt pattern that really showcased the amazing pattern and embroidery on the table cloth. For the top I hacked the Stevie pattern (Tilly and the buttons) again to showcase the pattern.














I adore the Cocowawa raspberry dress pattern and have made three versions so far. All three versions made it on holiday with me and I enjoyed wearing them out to dinner. As the bodice is shirred it was comfy to wear even after I had indulged in dinner and pudding!

Raspberry dress - fabric from Sewhayleyjane box
Fabric - Liberty London Cotton Lawn 




Fabric from Sister Mintaka



Another pattern that was perfect for holiday wear is the Friday Pattern Company Wilder gown dress. There are so many beautiful versions of this dress shared on Instagram and I have made four versions of this dress with various changes. I will blog about this dress separately an explain all the changes soon.  
This is a playsuit version of the Deer and Doe sirocco jumpsuit made up in some pretty jersey from Material Girl Laura. She has some amazing fabric so do go and check her out!

The dress on the left is a Cocowawa honeycomb dress I made last summer and I love it. It is made from this cute ice-cream fabric I bought a few years ago. The dress on the right is a Deer and doe Myosotis dress made using such pretty lemon print fabric from Material Girl Laura. 


                           
I took my two Alice and Co regatta dresses away with me too. One using a lovely triangle print fabric and the other using some amazing watermelon fabric I got in a destash sale.




This is the amazing zadie jumpsuit from Paper theory patterns. Again I adore this pattern and have made 5 versions so far! This fabulous fabric is again from the wonderful Material Girl Laura.



No holiday wardrobe is complete without a Tilly and the buttons Stevie dress (fabric from Sewmesunshine) or a Closetcase Patterns Charlie Kaftan (made using this summery yellow fabric from Sew Hayley Jane). 

Hope you enjoyed seeing what I packed for my holiday - I also took my Megan Nielsen Patterns Cottesloe bikini but I haven't included an image of this yet because I want to dedicate a whole blog to that. Thank you for reading. Let me know if you have any staple holiday patterns you love. 

Comments

Popular Posts